Back pain affects millions of people worldwide every single day. For some, this back pain is mild and goes away with time. Others experience much more serious, debilitating pain that can have a dramatic impact on their overall quality of life. Finding relief from this kind of pain is never easy. In fact, people spend thousands of dollars every year trying to find a cure for their back pain. Chiropractic care has become an increasingly popular alternative form of treatment for those living with back pain. If you’ve never seen a chiropractor before, you may be wondering how, exactly, they can help your back pain. Before we get into that, it is important to understand that chiropractors rely on a series of techniques and spinal manipulations to treat a wide range of ailments and conditions.
According to the National Institutes of Health report, an estimated 27 million Americans are seen and treated by a chiropractor every year, the majority of which are seeking relief from back pain. Spinal manipulation is the most widely known type of care you will receive at our Dallas pain management clinic. Whether you are suffering from chronic low back pain or middle to upper back pain that comes and goes, it may be in your best interest to schedule an appointment with your chiropractor. At its core, chiropractic treatment for back pain involves the following types of therapy:
- Spinal manipulation – This is the most common therapy that comes to mind when people think about chiropractic care. During this treatment, the chiropractor will move or “jolt” the joints to relieve pressure, reduce inflammation, and improve nerve function.
- Mobilization – This is a low-velocity manipulation where the chiropractor stretches and moves the muscles and joints in order to increase the range of motion.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
We treat people at our Dallas chiropractic clinic every single day for back pain. Methods used in chiropractic care have shown to be quite effective in reducing pain for those with back problems. Because chiropractic care is a whole-body approach that aims to stimulate the body’s self-healing abilities, it is important to be patient and stick to the plan. Some of the ways that our Dallas chiropractors treat back pain include:
- Diagnostic Exams – Before we do anything else, we will evaluate you and find the root of what is causing your back pain. This may be through X-rays and ultrasounds, or a simple physical exam. These tests allow our medical team to see internal images of the spine, muscles, and any connective tissues, which helps us develop a comprehensive plan to treat your back pain.
- Massage Therapy – This isn’t your typical spa day massage, sorry. We use different types of massage – such as deep tissue and Swedish – to increase blood flow and flexibility while repairing damaged tissue. For many, this is the ticket to finding relief from back pain.
- Spinal Adjustments and Manipulation – Last but not least, we use spinal adjustments and manipulation to realign the spine and treat back pain. These forms of therapy can also proactively prevent any further discomfort or pain.
To learn more about how we treat back pain at our Dallas pain management clinic, please contact Premier Injury Clinics of DFW today.