Car accidents are a regular occurrence, especially here in Texas as more and more people move to the Lone Star State. Most people will be involved in a car accident at one point or another during their lifetime, and thankfully the majority of these incidents will be minor. While most drivers think they know all there is to know about driving and getting from point A to point B safely, the shocking car accident statistics say otherwise. Understanding car accidents in America can be quite challenging, especially because some of the leading causes of accidents have changed over the years. For example, texting while driving has become a serious problem that has caused an increase in the number of accidents that occur, especially amongst teen drivers.
There are numerous factors that contribute to car accidents in Texas, including weather, traffic conditions, and stress. At Premier Injury Clinics of DFW, we have seen firsthand how devastating car accidents can be. This is why we offer a wide range of services aimed at helping people recover from their injuries, including chiropractic adjustments and active exercises. If you have been involved in a car accident in Texas, we encourage you to come into Premier Injury Clinics to discuss your options with one of our experienced chiropractors.
Car Accident Statistics You Should Know
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there has not been a deathless day in Texas since November 7, 2000. This means that every day over the last 19 years at least one person has died in a car accident. Furthermore, one person is killed every two hours and 20 minutes on Texas highways, and one person is injured every one minute and 59 seconds. The majority of crashes that result in injuries or fatalities are between the ages of 18 and 34. Let’s now take a look at some of the other most shocking car accident statistics:
- Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Texas specifically include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Following too closely
- Failure to yield
- Driver inattention
- 7% of people who were killed in car accidents were not wearing seat belts
- There has been a 25% increase in the number of pedal cyclist deaths from 2015-2016
- In 2016, there were 436,748 total car accidents in Texas
- 29% of all Texas car accidents occurred in urban areas
- Dallas has the third-highest number of car accidents in Texas, behind only Houston and San Antonio
- In Dallas, there were 35,433 total crashes, 192 fatalities, and 1,137 serious injuries in 2016
- Dallas leads the state in speed-involved accidents and accidents in work zones
Car accidents are often deadly and result in devastating injuries, to say the least. One of the most serious injuries following car accidents in whiplash and other problems that affect the neck and back. This is where we come in. The chiropractors at Premier Injury Clinics of DFW have extensive experience helping individuals who have suffered injuries in a car accident. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of chiropractic adjustment, please contact Premier Injury Clinics today and schedule an appointment.