If you’ve been involved in a car accident and sustained an injury, you must find an accident injury doctor who understands what you are going through. While many injuries are obvious and require immediate medical attention, others are more subtle and often overlooked. Unfortunately, many people fail to seek treatment following a car accident, resulting in the onset of serious, debilitating injuries down the road. This is where an experienced car accident injury doctor comes in handy. Not only can our doctors safely and effectively treat your injuries, but they can ensure you receive the appropriate treatment for your needs.
But finding a car injury clinic with doctors who are experienced and know what you are going through isn’t always easy. You should only go with a qualified doctor who has experience treating common injuries associated with car accidents, such as:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Neck and back injuries
Quick Tips for Finding the Right Injury Doctor
At Premier Injury Clinics of DFW, we offer adjustments, active exercises, and passive modalities, all of which have been proven to treat car accident injuries. If you did not seek treatment immediately following the accident, but you’ve noticed certain symptoms starting to manifest themselves, it may be time to make an appointment with one of our experienced chiropractors. The key word here is ‘experienced’. It is important to note that not all accident injury clinics are created equally, nor are the doctors that run them. You need an accident doctor who will make you their number one priority by taking the necessary time to understand your symptoms, needs, and preferences. You should be able to trust your doctor and rely on their experience and skills to properly treat your injuries.
With this in mind, here are a few tips for choosing the right injury doctor following a car accident:
- Make sure they have the right credentials (including education and the degrees required to practice)
- Ask about their experience treating injuries from car accidents
- Find out what kind of services they offer for car accident victims
- Find out how long they have been practicing and treating accident injury victims
- Is the accident injury doctor going to put your needs and recovery first?
- How soon will you be able to see a doctor?
- Will the doctor provide proper documentation for your injuries and the treatment you receive? (This is especially important if you are considering taking legal action)
- What is the doctor’s approach to evaluating the patient and his or her injuries?
Seeing your primary care doctor following a car accident isn’t always the best option. Never wait to see a doctor if you have been in an accident, as many injuries can worsen with time. If you’ve been involved in an accident and are worried you’ve sustained an injury, contact Premier Injury Clinics of DFW today.